Established in 1993 as a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization, the Muslim American Society (MAS) is a dynamic charitable, religious, social, cultural, and educational, organization. Over the past two decades, MAS has expanded to more than 50 chapters across the United States. MAS offers unique programs and services that seek to better the individual and in turn, the greater society by imparting Islamic knowledge, promoting community service, engaging in political activism, and much more.
Over the past two decades, MAS has evolved into a nationally recognized grassroots movement. The organization is empowered by a unique chapter structure that is linked through a common mission and vision. Focusing on personal development of individuals through a comprehensive Islamic educational curriculum, MAS promotes active involvement in communities across the U.S. by providing opportunities for community service, interfaith initiatives, youth programs, and civic engagement. By cooperating and collaborating with other organizations, MAS has expanded its reach into thousands of communities across the United States.
To move people to strive for God-consciousness, liberty and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity.
A virtuous and just American society.
- To present the message of Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims and promote understanding between them through cooperating on common grounds.
- To encourage the participation of Muslims in building a virtuous and moral American society.
- To offer a viable Islamic alternative to many of our society’s social illnesses, economical injustices, and political corruptions.
- To promote family values in accordance with Islamic teachings.
- To promote the human values that Islam came to emphasize: brotherhood, equality, justice, mercy, compassion, and peace.
- To foster unity among Muslims and non-Muslims by encouraging cooperation and coordination on common grounds.
What Is MAS?
The Muslim American Society (MAS) is a religious, educational, social, charitable, grass roots organization. MAS embodies the principles and the thinking of the global Islamic movement. Our organization regards Islam as a comprehensive and balanced way of life. MAS delivers a rigorous educational curriculum to its current and potential members that focuses on the systematic development of the Muslim individual, the Muslim family and the Muslim community, in order to become elements for a social revival in the American society. We aspire to raise a generation of committed and disciplined Muslims who will become ambassadors that present the message of Islam and implement the Movement’s vision in all fields of Islamic work. With this outlook, MAS participates in services, programs and activities to enrich and reform the American Society.