Itqan is a project MAS and an institution of higher education for adults who seek to further their ability to recite, memorize, learn more about, and teach the Qur’an with excellence.
MISSION of ITQAN:
To excellently educate adults about the Quran
GOALS of ITQAN:
- Educate adults in the correct methods of reciting the Qur’an.
- Help adults memorize and review the Qur’an.
- Offer strong ijazahs with the backing of some of the most respected scholars of the Qur’an alive today to deserving individuals on one or more Qira’aahs.
- Offer a well-rounded education in the sciences of the Qur’an for future teachers and imams.
- Familiarize the qira’aat to the community in order to eliminate or decrease the level of rejection some may have upon hearing the qira’aat.
- Hold all students to the highest standards of education and manners.
BOARD of ITQAN:
The board is aiming for a diverse group of brothers and sisters and is looking to add a number of qualified brothers. Currently volunteering their service on the board are:
- Lina Alkadri (two ijazahs in all ten recitals).
- Asiya Akyurt (ijazah in Hafs).
- Badia Mrhaoul.
- Bouchra Kharrassi.
- Fatin Taha (two ijazahs in Hafs).
- Raja Slemani (certificate in Hafs).
- Saaida Elwafi.
- Hafsa Yousuf (ijazah in Hafs).
- Aziza Hafiz (ijazah in Hafs).
- Khadeejah Akyurt (ijazah in Hafs).