Who We Are
Last Updated on Tuesday, 9 December 2014 11:57 Written by admin Wednesday, 21 April 2010 11:57
What is MAS?
The Muslim American Society (MAS) is a religious, educational, social, charitable, grass roots organization. MAS embodies the principles and the thinking of the global Islamic movement. Our organization regards Islam as a comprehensive and balanced way of life. MAS delivers a rigorous educational curriculum to its current and potential members that focuses on the systematic development of the Muslim individual, the Muslim family and the Muslim community, in order to become elements for a social revival in the American society. We aspire to raise a generation of committed and disciplined Muslims who will become ambassadors that present the message of Islam and implement the Movement’s vision in all fields of Islamic work. With this outlook, MAS participates in services, programs and activities to enrich and reform the American Society.
What is MAS DC?
MAS has members all over the United States. These members form chapters and help carry the objectives, vision, and projects of MAS in different cities and states. MAS DC is the local chapter of the Washington, DC metropolitan area. We focus on:
- Enhancing our society’s understanding and awareness of the values and principles of Islam;
- Helping in the moral and spiritual development of Muslim individuals, families and communities;
- Fostering a culture of positive citizenship where Muslims are empowered and contribute to society, seeking to always better our society.
To move people to strive for God-consciousness, liberty and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity.
- To present the message of Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims and promote understanding between them through cooperating on common grounds.
- To encourage the participation of Muslims in building a virtuous and moral American society.
- To offer a viable Islamic alternative to many of our society’s social illnesses, economical injustices, and political corruptions.
- To promote family values in accordance with Islamic teachings.
- To promote the human values that Islam came to emphasize: brotherhood, equality, justice, mercy, compassion, and peace.
- To foster unity among Muslims and non-Muslims by encouraging cooperation and coordination on common grounds.
/public/masdc Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more information about our current events. Sincerely,
Thuhr 1:30 PM
Asr 5:00 PM
Maghrib After Athaan
Ishaa 8:45 PM
FRIDAY PRAYER TIMES
First Prayer 12:00 PM
Second Prayer 1:15 PM