Last Updated on Tuesday, 7 March 2017 03:28 Written by receptionist Thursday, 16 June 2016 03:32
Job Opportunities at MAS:
Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh,
There is one new job opportunity at the MAS Community Center:
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Branch: MAS DC Community Center
Location: Alexandria, VA
Pay: full- time hourly Wed-Sunday
Posted: March 6, 2017
Closing: March 24,2017
Job Description: The custodian is responsible for event setup and cleanliness of the Community Center.
- Spread/remove carpet for prayers
- Set up / Break down of tables and chairs
- Clean up prayer areas before and after congregational prayers
- Clean up classrooms and multi-purose room
- Order cleaning supplies when low or when equipment or facilities need repair.
- Empty all wastebaskets weekly; more often if necessary.
- Dust furniture in offices, reception areas, visitor center, musullah and entrances.
- Vacuum offices and carpeted areas weekly, or more often if needed. Dust-mop, sweep or vacuum other areas as needed.
- Clean/disinfect drinking fountains and telephone mouthpieces weekly.
- Clean cobwebs from ceilings, corners, vents, fans, etc. as needed.
- Thoroughly clean restrooms weekly. Check them after each event and reclean if necessary—includes cleaning toilet bowls, urinals, partitions, tiled walls, mirrors and floors and refilling soap, towel and toilet paper dispensers, making sure toilet paper and paper towels are available and emptying trash and sanitary containers.
- Clean windows and glass doors as needed.
- Replace light bulbs. Turn off nonrequired lights.
- Water plants as needed.
- Pick up litter.
- Check all areas for odors. Clean/disinfect as necessary.
- Clean up after MAS Community Center special events.
- Clean up accidents as needed: spills, stomach upset, etc.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com
About MAS: Established in 1993 as a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization, the Muslim American Society (MAS) is a dynamic charitable, religious, social, cultural, and educational, organization. Over the past three decades, MAS has expanded to more than 50 chapters across the United States. MAS offers unique programs and services that seek to better the individual and in turn, the greater society by imparting Islamic knowledge, promoting community service, engaging in political activism, and much more.
Our mission is: “To move people to strive for God consciousness, liberty, and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity”
Our vision is: “A Virtuous and Just America”
As the MAS chapter in the DC area, MAS DC brings this mission and vision to the local community. MAS chapters gain their strength from their members, volunteers, and the communities they serve. MAS DC also operates the MAS DC Community Center in Alexandria, VA which serves as the main vehicle for delivering our programs and services. For more information, visit our website at www.masdc.org.
/public/masdc Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more information about our current events. Sincerely,
Thuhr 1:30 PM
Asr 5:00 PM
Maghrib After Athaan
Ishaa 8:45 PM
FRIDAY PRAYER TIMES
First Prayer 12:00 PM
Second Prayer 1:15 PM